Brief descriptions of non-surgical procedures are listed on this page. However, for more detailed information, including faqs on each procedure, please click on the name of the desired procedure below or call our office.
- Laser hair removal is a safe, comfortable and effective way to remove unwanted body or facial hair. Patients also love that laser hair removal eliminates razor burn. Energy produced by the laser is taken up by the pigment/color in the hair shaft. This burns the hair follicles from the inside, stopping hair growth. The darker the hair, the more effective it is. The more contrast between the hair and the surrounding skin, then there is a lessened chance of pigment changes afterward. The laser procedure treats multiple hairs at one time making it ideal for most parts of the body.
- Portrait Plasma™ is effective in reducing the look of fine lines and deep wrinkles, treating sun-damaged skin, improving skin tone and texture, improving acne scars and tightening skin. It works on a variety of skin types.
- Botox® is a chemical that is injected into muscles to reduce movement, thereby getting rid of wrinkles.
- The goal of a chemical peel is to smooth fine lines and wrinkles as well to even out pigment variations. The most common chemicals are trichloroacetic acid (TCA) and phenol. TCA is generally used for full facial treatments or on the thin skin on the lower eyelids, while phenol works very well on the deep wrinkles around the mouth. Both types of chemical peels remove the damaged outer layers of the skin. Both require about a week of downtime, but the results can be quite dramatic; reducing blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation.
- Lip augmentation (usually through a person’s own fat or through an injectable filler) may require multiple injections to distribute the filler for enhanced lip fullness and to raise or define a cupid’s bow or vermillion border. Loss of volume in the lips may be the result of aging, or some people are simply born with thin lips. Enlarging the lips is directed at increasing the visibility of the pink portion of the lip (for women, the area where lipstick is applied).
- Injectable Fillers used by Dr. Houser include Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, and Voluma. These work in the same way as fat transfers without the need to transfer fat from another part of the body. Common areas for injectable fillers are the nasolabial folds (laugh line around the mouth) and the lips.
- Latisse® is a prescription topical treatment used to grow longer and thicker eye lashes. For more information on Latisse, please call our office and schedule an appointment with Dr. Houser.
- If you are looking for a skincare line to keep your skin looking healthy and to reduce the signs of aging and sun damage, our Licensed Medical Aesthetician, Rani Isbell, can help you select products that will work best for your skin.
- BOTOX® for excessive sweating (botox for sweating) helps control the symptoms of severe underarm sweating when topical medicines do not work well enough by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, the severe sweating stops. Perspiration continues to be produced elsewhere in the body.