Breast Implant Revision / Removal
Because of Dr. Houser’s years of experience in breast surgery, including complicated breast reconstruction surgeries, he is often sought out to correct breast surgeries that have gone wrong. Sometimes, even with the proper surgical technique, an implant can rupture or need to be replaced for other reasons. If you currently have breast implants and you are unhappy with them, you have several options for correcting the problem.
Common reasons to seek implant revision, replacement, or removal:
- Treatment of capsular contracture
- Replacement of a ruptured silicone gel implant
- Replacement of a deflated saline-filled implant
- Correction of asymmetry
- Desire to increasing or decrease implant size
- Replacement of saline implants with silicone implants
- Correction of breast ptosis (sagging)
- Correction of an implant that has “bottomed out”
- Patient may no long want to have implants
- Reshaping of the breasts (more fullness, less fullness)
During a consultation with Dr. Houser, he will talk with you about the changes that you would like to make and how he would go about making those changes surgically. He will perform an examination and take a complete medical history. Most importantly, Dr. Houser will answer your questions about breast implant revision including, cost, recovery, placement, sizing and any other questions you may have.
Breast revision surgery is typically performed as outpatient surgery in our fully accredited surgical suite. Should hospital surgery be required, Dr. Houser has operating privileges at several central Ohio hospitals including the Mt. Carmel / St. Ann’s hospital in Westerville (on the north side of Columbus). Many revision patients travel from out of town to have surgery. If you would like information on post surgical recovery care, please let us know and we will provide you with a list of providers.